CHICAGO – The Illinois Department of Transportation is hosting free virtual workshops in January as part of its continuing Building Blocks of Success series for companies interested in participating in the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise program, building their skills and bidding on construction projects. of State.
The dates and themes of the workshops are:
- January 4, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m .: Bidding on the IDOT site
- January 6, 10 a.m. to noon: Excel estimate and tender worksheet
- Jan 11 10 a.m. to 12 p.m .: Overhead cost calculation rate
- January 13, 10 a.m. to noon: Improving Your Credit Score for Your Personal Business (D&B)
- January 25, 10 a.m. to noon: Quickbooks: Building Your Business
- January 26, 10 a.m. to noon: Quickbooks: Performing Daily Tasks
- January 27, 10 a.m. to noon: Quickbooks: Reporting
Future topics covered include Financing, QuickBooks Training, Estimating & Quotations, Insurance, Management, Steps to Getting Certified as a DBE Business, and more.
Building Blocks of Success will run until April. Information on workshops, including dates and times, is available through Eventbrite at bit.ly/DBEworkshops. Prior registration is compulsory.
Questions can be directed to the IDOT DBE Resource Center at (312) 939.1100.
As part of Governor Pritzker’s historic, bipartisan Illinois rebuilding program, IDOT is helping implement the largest capital program in state history. IDOT strives to promote diversity, equity and inclusion in the implementation of this program, including procurement and workforce participation.
Administered by IDOT, the DBE program provides eligible minorities, women and other small businesses with opportunities to participate in federally and state funded highway, transit and airport contracts. For more information on how to become a certified DBE and to learn more about available IDOT resources, visit www.idot.illinois.gov/dbe.